Pizza Rolls Recipe:
- 1 batch of bread machine pizza dough with some Italian seasoning added (recipe below)
- 1 jar of Ragu Sauce (I used spaghetti, because that’s what I had on hand, and it worked fine)
- 1 package of pepperoni (Aldi’s has it for about $2)
- Italian or Mozzerella cheese, shredded
Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe: (adapted from All Recipes)
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I use all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 7/8 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (optional)
Add ingredients to your bread machine, according to your manufacturer and set to the machine to the dough cycle. This usually takes about 1 1/2 hours (on mine). When the machine beeps, remove the dough.
Roll dough out onto a floured surface,(you may need to kneed it some) into a rectangle. Cover with sauce, then pepperoni and then cheese.
Roll up dough, jelly roll style (long end) and slice into pieces about 1 inch thick. Place onto greased cookie sheet or pizza stone.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
We changed it just enough to say we did. We used the pizza dough recipe we always use, since I have no bread machine. You can find that HERE. We used store brand pizza sauce, pepperoni, & Mexican cheese (only b/c that’s what we ALWAYS have on hand.)
Rolling it up was pretty hard – maybe too many pepperonis. We also had to bake it for about 25 minutes. However…. they were WONDERFUL! Next time, though, I’m thinking about using my muffin pan, putting the dough in, making a well & putting the sauce, pepperoni, & cheese in that. We’ll see. We’re also thinking about making up a bunch of them, putting them in the freezer for quick grab type meals. So many thoughts…..